Friday, February 12, 2010

If you're going to eat like an animal

The other night I was making dinner. We were having baked potatoes so I was cutting up some ham to put on the potatoes. Claire came wandering into the kitchen, saw what I was doing and sidled up to me and said "Mommy?". So I gave her a piece of ham and she went on her merry way. Just then Bobbi also wandered in. She came up to me and saw what I was doing and meowed what I can only guess was "Mommy?". I felt sorry for the poor starving thing, so I cut up a little ham and put it in a bowl and set it on the floor for her to munch on.
I turned my back and started doing my thing again when I heard Claire saying "Kitty, no no! No! No kitty!" Apparently Claire did not like the idea of sharing her dinner with the cat. So she got right down on the floor and fought for her fair share. Meow!


Don't worry, we didn't let the whole thing go on for long. Just until it started to gross me out. I was a little surprised the cat didn't fight Claire more than she did. I still think the cat ended up with more ham in the end. We did feed Claire a real dinner in her high chair like a proper baby. She actually ate better when she had to fight for it. Maybe we should just start throwing food on the floor and letting her and Bobbi scrap for it.

10 comments:

katie said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!! I don't really know what else to say about that, but it reminds me of A Christmas Story: "Show mommy how the piggy eats"

Bec said...

That's awesome. At least they were fighting for PEOPLE food, not cat food! Cute pics. Cuter kid.

Hannah said...

oh, i love it!!!!

Missy W. said...

hee hee

Robyn said...

Claire is cute, but a cat that meows "mommy" might be a cat lovers dream come true.

Johanna Markworth said...

Love it! Play would be right there as well! Claire is so, so cute!

Richelle said...

Claire is always up to something funny! She makes a nice pet, she's the pick of the litter.

Ann said...

Cute! At least it wasn't cat food!

bart said...

That is adorable!

Hillary said...

Oh the things we will let our kids do so we can snap a pictures! Love it!