
I realize I post lots about Claire. I think this is for two reasons:
- We are home, just the two of us, all day.
- She is full of it.
- Syd just took, and passed her yellow belt test for Tae Kwon Do. In case you are curious the order of belts go white, yellow, green, purple, brown(2 lvls), black (7 lvls). So we are really proud of her. She can "Ki-yah" with the best of them.

- She just finished the first Fablehaven book. I came across her reading the last chapter and her eyes were as big as saucers. I asked her if shed liked her book and she said, "This is the BEST book I've ever read!" She is now reading the second book and likes to walk to the bus stop and read at them same time. I surprised she hasn't ran into anyone or anything yet.
- She has a spelling test today. One of her words is "delicious". Aunt Katie, please send good vibes her way. We know how you love that word!


- Brynn told me a story this morning that she heard in school yesterday. "Did you know that Teddy Roosevelt's daughter fell asleep in church one time and that the people put it in the newspaper and that she felt really bad and didn't want her dad to be president anymore but kids from all over the country sent her letters and made her feel better wasn't that nice of them and I have more stories about presidents' kids can I tell them to you or should I finish eating my breakfast first?"
- Brynn had an ear infection last week. She was one sick little girl, but really didn't want to miss the teddy bear party they were having at school. So she and I went together to school for an hour. Her teacher gave the whole class a lecture on how they had to be very careful around Brynn because she didn't feel well and they had better be gentle with her.
- Brynny wore jeans to school 4 days in a row. For those of you who know my skirt-loving girl, this was a pretty big deal at my house. But today is casual Friday so she wore a skirt.

See, I do pay attention to all my kids. Are you proud? Now it is your turn to tell me a story or two. I will wait in anticipation.
7 comments:
I think Katie will be very excited about spelling "delicious," but she will be very un-excited about the fact that someone squandered a casual Friday by not wearing jeans!
Well done, Syd! I will be careful not to tease you, because it sounds like you could beat me up. And I love hearing about you reading your book on the way to the bus -- it sounds exactly like me!
I'm glad you got to go to the Teddy Bear party, Brynn, even if you didn't feel well. Good mothering, Mindy.
Kayla's a fellow skirt/dress lover. The only time she will wear pants/jeans is if all the preferred choices are "dirty" at least according to Mom! Sorry about the ear infection, no fun. That's really cool about Sydney's tae kwondo! Cute girls!
I have no stories. that is why i come to your blog - and you never disapoint!
This was the BEST post! I particularly liked the shout out you gave me, but I also really enjoyed the stories. Syd and Brynn you two are so cool!
P.S. Syd, how did your spelling test go?
Way to go Syd, you're doing great in taekwando! It's great to have another book lover in the family. Savannah likes the "Pixie Tricks" books right now.
Brynn, I used to think "getting dressed" meant putting on a dress too. I got over that though. That's nice that you are making friends with jeans. Have you had any visits from the tooth fairy this year?
Wow! "Binny" wore jeans!!! Great camera work, love the pictures! Cute girls, MIndy!
How awesome that Sidney can kick some trash!!
Can I just say that I LOVE your picture?! And it's so fun to hear ALL of your updates. It makes it feel like we aren't so far away.
Post a Comment