As for some explanation: Spring has finally come in full force and the flowers and trees are so pretty! I have been taking lots of pictures of them. My daffodils and tulips are blooming like crazy right now. The girls are having lots of fun in the mud. Sigh. But I seriously did the same thing when I was their age, only on a much larger scale. I'm pretty sure I gave them the idea from stories so I only have myself to blame.
We went down and got Grandma and Grandpa Lee's old washer and dryer. I had their old dryer from about 25 years ago. It ran like a champ but took 1 1/2 hours to dry a load. The new set works great. G&G are still helping me out!
Claire's favorite thing in the whole world are her blankey, the kitty, and daddy. In that order. She get super excited when she sees her blanket, she says "Kee, ow" all the time and chases the cat every where, and all people are called "Da-dee". Definately loves him best lately. Actually all men in general: dad, Grandpa Dave, and Uncle Jon.
Bec and I had a booth at Health Days. We sold hair bows and flowers. Very intense couple of weeks there. We didn't quite break even (Sad) but still have lots of product to sell and we learned a lot. Besides, Becca got to hang out with me tons in the last two weeks and we all know that is all she really wanted to do anyway. ;)
Jess Riley (author of Driving Sideways, our book club pick for last month) commented on our book club blog. Shriek, Shriek!! We emailed back and forth several times and she sent us some signed bookplates for our books. Very cool! She is super-nice and like I said below, I really feel like a celebrity because she took the time to acknowledge our dorky little blog. Besides all that, she is a great author and I will definitely be reading any of her future works.
That's all. Sorry it got long there. Love you all. Love you more if you leave me a comment!



10 comments:
I am NOT tired of all of these great pictures, layouts, etc. Keep them comin'! And I totally DID just want to hang out like crazy with you for weeks at a time. Though I tell you, if I see a ribbon any time soon, I might throw up. ;) Okay, I love them. But it was intense. And the Jess Riley thing also made me feel so, so proud of our little group. Yay us! :) Okay- time for work.
4th on the list...I'll accept that. So proud of you girls and your entrepreneurship. That is all.
I love the scrapbook pages too. And I am sad we were out of town for health days, your booth looks fabulous, I probably would have helped you in the breaking even department!
Magnets too!?! Cool. Now THAT might be something I could use...
That is VERY cool that Jess Riley posted on your book club blog. Once in elementary school we had to write to an author. Many months later I got back a one sentence form letter reply, and I was ecstatic. But a post on your blog, emails back and forth, and signed bookplates -- you are a celebrity!
Good for you two for your creativity, and salesmanship!
The picture of Claire in the bathtub is awesome. Why do we lose the ability to have such unfettered happiness from simple pleasures?
I miss Smithfield! Health days, neighbors, my sister, everything! One of the missionaries in our ward, Sister Downs, is from Smithfield, so we have a lot of fun talking. Your darling girls look healthy and happy, plus, it sounds like your fruit trees are happy. (Oh yeah, I miss our fruit tree's and raspberries too!) I hope everything's going good!
I will have you know that Ashley hasn't eaten her bows yet so that it a good thing! They are so cute! Maybe someday I will have a girl so I can have cute bows!
Mindy, your scrapbook pages are so awesome, keep doing them for sure for sure. I like seeing Claire grow up little by little, then when I see her next Christmas, I won't say, "Woah! How did you grow that fast?" She is such a way cute adorable baby.
Your bowtique is a very cool idea. I mean, I've spent a small fortune on those things for Savannah. I like the handmade ones, I've even custom ordered several on ETSY. I'm sure there are many more people (just maybe not at Health Days) willing to part with their money for a beautiful bow they don't know how to make themselves. I'm thinking of getting one of the BIG sunflower hair clips for Katie because I know she really wants one. Shhh...don't tell her!
I love your scrapbooking pages...keep them coming. I hope it motivates me someday!
I am really jealous you got a "To Mindy" from Jess Riley. What are we, chopped liver?
Post a Comment