
I can hardly believe my little girl is 5! We had a birthday party with all of her friends. It was fun . . . in a ton-of-screaming-kids sort of way.

We had a unicorn pinata. Here is what is left of the poor thing after we were done with it.

We had a small family party for Brynn on her actual birthday (the 24th). Lucky girl to get two parties. She waited very patiently to open her presents.

I was really glad that Brynn decided she wanted a princess cake instead of the castle cake she had been contemplating earlier in the week. Much less work involved here. It was still really fun to make this Barbie princess- especially the part where I ripped Barbie's legs off.

Grandma Julie brought balloons for all the kids.

We let the girls man the camera for a while and the following pictures are a result of that. Not too bad really.


5 comments:
1. I love the shot of Brynny at the table -- she knows where the camera is! (Even if the other kids are oblivious.)
2. Where did Brynn learn to cross her legs like that? It's very cute, because it's so adult.
3. I'm VERY impressed with the cake, Mindy!
4. Wow. James went back, stitches in place, despite the hazzards. Atta boy!
That face that your dad is pulling reminds me of something grandma would have done! And I love Claire's hair! Happy birthday Brynn!
What fun pictures! As I was scrolling down, comment-type thoughts were popping into my head (I try and be prepared). Starting with the pic of you and Brynn, I thought:
"Wow! Mindy, you look GREAT in that picture!"
Then
"Yikes! Hey there, Dave!"
And
"Daaaang, Gina! Do some pushups!"
:) Fun post.
Happy Birthday Brynn. I love the pic of her waiting to open her presents-are you sure she just turned 5 and not 12? And dad...he,he,he what a funny picture. :)
P.S. The cake is amazing! Did you eat the fontant or just roll it into a ball to use on your next cake?
Post a Comment