With Grandma you never questioned who was in charge.
I loved her orange apron- if she was at home she more than likely had it on

At the old house in Woodland Hills. It had the coolest fuzzy wallpaper and red carpet. I loved to visit Grandma. She always fed us cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Grandpa spent a lot of time in those overalls.

Grandma taught me how to make chocolates. She thought it was really important to include the little ones in anything we were doing. Syd was a regular helper when Grandma came to make chocolates with us. My girls call her "The Chocolate Grandma".

I love Grandma's goofy side. I also love that she knew my girls so well. She loved to play with them-just like when I was little.

At Eric's wedding. Grandma was so silly and fun! Her little hair cap will be very familiar to those who knew her. :)



7 comments:
I have been thinking about her today too! I love all the pictures you have of her, it totally captures who she was! I sure miss her!
What a great tribute! I miss her everyday. I cleaned grandpa's house today and I felt grandma there the whole time making sure eveything was done to her satisfaction.
It's past midnight-I checked your blog, and now I'm bawling!!! Great pics. I can't believe it has been a year. I think she made such an influence on me I just hear her voice in my head telling me how to cook, how to clean, how to take care of my kids...etc. Miss you Grandma.
Hi Mindy. I know that you loved your gramdma so much. She sounds like a wonderful grandma and friend. We are finally home. I'm ready to post our pics. It was so fun to talk and see you for a couple of minutes. Your family is beautiful and we miss you much. Talk to you soon. Love, Mindy
What a beautiful tribute to your Grandma. I know the pain of loosing a Grandma that is so close. She reminds me a lot of mine.. the cooking especially. Did you learn to make cakes from her?
btw- I am now officially a blogger!!
This is a great post, and I love the pictures. Is the one highlighting the wall paper and red carpet of YOU (and Robyn and Jake, maybe)? If so, cutie. If not, cute cousin... or parent... or whomever that pic is of. I hope your day was alright and not too sad. Love ya!
I loved the fuzzy wallpaper and the red carpet! I love remembering the good times at that house as well as all their other houses! I love your tribute, it is beautiful! Thanks for bringing a smile to my face!
Post a Comment