Thursday, July 24, 2008

July 24th Fun

Derek and Becca have a cool tradition of holding a watermelon eating contest on July 24. They held it at Grandma Julie's this year and we went to join in the fun. Here are some pictures of the action:




6 comments:

Bec said...

I'd like to add that though it was AT Gma Julie's house... it is OUR awesome tradition. Dibs on the coolest tradition award. :)

Also, sweet (literally) post. Mmm... watermelon!

Mindy said...

Bec- I changed the post to be more accurate. Must give just credit where credit is due. ;)

Bec said...

Mindy, you're funny. :) Thanks. lol. And looking again, I think another award is due: SHAWN wins the messiest mouth award! Dang, that scruff sure holds on to melon guts! lol. Nice.

Zann said...

So umm, I REALLY like watermelon and I can REALLY pound it down. Also, we're probably going to be in Logan next summer. That's all.

Jessica said...

I would so totally rock at this contest! Yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

That is too fun! I agree... Shawn would definitely take home the messiest award!