



S0 on Sunday Claire was sleeping away, we had eaten our dinner, and Shawn and I decided that this was a prime napping opportunity. Syd and Brynn were outside playing and we told them not to bother us unless someone was bleeding. So off we went into blissful napping. Two hours later I got up to check on the troops. I was so proud of my girls for playing so well together for so long and not disturbing us. Brynny had wandered inside and I asked her what they had been up to. She said "Playing in the mud." I said "What mud?!" She said "We made mud out by the cherry tree and we are playing in it." Now let the reader be aware that I have told these girls stories from when I was little about playing in the muddy irrigation ditch and how fun that was. So I went in to tell Shawn and then said that I couldn't really get mad at them. He said "Why, because it is your fault?" He was right of course. I definitely got what I deserved in this case.
As you can see they made a pretty good hole under out tree-where grass is suppose to be growing. They also added some beautiful artwork to the side of my shed, and Syd made a quite impressive mud shark that is at this moment drying out om my picnic table.
This is one of those parenting challenges where you should probably be stern but end up laughing instead. I have to admit I was kind of proud of my girls for following in my footsteps. I told this story to my mom and she said it is only fair that this happened to me. I just hope they forgot the story about what Jake and Mike used to do to our cats.
6 comments:
I gotta go with Syd and Brynn on this one -- when you're a kid, playing in the mud is a lot of fun!
And my compliments to the parents, who handled it well. Sometimes kids just need to be allowed to be kids!
Payback is a what? I don't get it... :) And hooray for you for laughing when appropriate. The mud-art is impressive. Abstract. I like it.
Are you sure you have girls? This sounds SO familiar, actually a daily occurance at our house. My boys can find mud anywhere, and they don't know the meaning of the word CLEAN. Hurray for you for getting a nice and much needed nap!
That picture brings back fond memories of the fun times mud and I had together while I was growing up. As long as you can hose them down, it's good outdoor entertainment.
At least you got a nap, right? They look so proud in their pictures...how could you get mad! :)
Hey, Mindy - Have you already seen the "teaser trailer" for Twilight? This is way off topic with your post, but I thought I'd share the link just in case you haven't seen it since you made a comment about it in the newsletter. Looking forward to girls night out in December!
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=44664
Ang
Post a Comment