ODE TO THE BELLY

Oh belly, oh belly, oh belly of mine
It is there in the morning, it is there when I dine.
It is there when awake and there when asleep.
But ever a complaint? – No, not one peep!

Well maybe a few, just one, two or three
Who could help but feel sorry for “little” old me.
This belly is large. It is heavy and round.
So when I am down, I can’t get off the ground.
It however is sure, quite soon to be gone.
All around me rejoicing you can count on.
Cause after the baby I’m sure to be fine,
With that thin, oh so skinny, belly of mine.

9 comments:
Emily Dickenson move on over! Enjoy balancing a bowl of ice cream on the belly while you can. I can't wait to see this little one.
I love the picture of your belly sneaking out from the hallway!
I love pregnant bellies!!! Cute ode!
How funny! You are such a cute pregnant girl! Almost there!
Awesome poem, Mindy! I especially like your talent of being able to be in one room while your belly is in the next room. That picture was great. You're making your final sprint for the finish line. (or waddle) You're almost there!
Yeah! I love this! You look great!
Mindy, Mindy, Mindy. You most likely have a new little one now, and I'm thinking of you like crazy. I'm so sorry that you had to go through labor, but so jealous of that first little moment when you glimpse Heaven and it's all so worth it. I hope you did (and/or are doing) okay, that you aren't too hurt... and that your sweet baby boy/girl is the most beautiful thing in the world. 'Can't wait to see you... and we'll miss that rockin' belly when it's gone! ;) Love ya!
PS. Men go through labor, too, I suppose (Derek was closer to passing out from "breathing" than I was!), so Shawn-- we're thinking of you, too. We hope you didn't lock your knees, and that the sucky little couch/bed didn't bruise you. :) We love you BOTH!
Congrats! The belly is gone and the baby is here!!!
Post a Comment