School is out! Hooray for summer! We have been so busy with book reports, soccer, ballet, TKD, homework, etc. that I decided that the first week of summer would be the Official Week of Doing Nothing. You say you want to sleep until 11:00? OK. Mom, can I watch TV? Sure! Don't want to make your bed? Don't do it! So far that is pretty much how thing have been going. Lots of sleep and TV. Maybe tomorrow we will get crazy and go somewhere. Or maybe not.

I'm pretty sure that I might be paying for this a little bit next week. The house is starting to look kind of scary and it's only Tuesday. But dang it, we earned of week off from being responsible.


So if you need a nap or want to watch a movie, come to our house this week. We may not have a clean floor, and the bedroom may be messy, but we are relaxed!
9 comments:
Count me in! Sounds like a dream come true.
I would gladly pay for a roundtrip plane ticket for that vacation! Too bad I can't get out of showing up for work. Watch some silly TV show for me and eat some brownies or something!
Um, I hate to say it, but if that is your idea of a dirty house, you are never invited to mine!
Glad school is out. Hope you have a good summer. Come out here and see us!
Can I come over? Sounds like fun to me! Count me in!
Will you make me deserts to eat while I am napping?
So far summer is looking pretty awesome to me. I won't tell my kids about "the official week of doing nothing" though. I've been making them get up and do an hour of lessons and an hour of chores after breakfast. Sadly, our house looks way worse than your "doing nothing" pictures. Please tell me you cleaned up before you took the "messy house" pictures?
I LOVE it! Kayla still has a week and a half of school. But we'll be joining you soon!
Make room for me. I need a nap and I don't want to make an effort of any kind. By the way, you must have put up the wrong pictures. You were supposed to show us you house dirty, not just slightly unperfect. Happy Summer!
I love that you did this. How did it go, in the end? Sleep in some for me. And PS. You're a fabulous mom. :)
Post a Comment