Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Saga of the 5-Minute Fan

For Mother's Day Shawn bought me a ceiling fan for our bedroom. I always get hot when I sleep, especially in the summer so I was super excited about this gift. We went to Home Depot and picked out a fan together. We chose the fan we did because 1: I liked the way it looked and 2: it boasted about it's easy installation as you can see from this picture.


Well, 5 hours and 4 trips back to Home Depot later, the fan is finally up and running. I really won't bore you with the details of what we had to go through to get this fan up but let it be said that I am married to a saint of a man.
I came home from running errands in town and this is what my bed looked like:


Hooray! it works and Shawn didn't even say any bad words. If it had been me doing all that work it would have been a different story.
My fan. Pretty, huh?So even though it was 37 degrees outside last night we slept with that fan running, dang it!

9 comments:

Bec said...

That fan is really beautiful! Good work, Shawn! I would totally have slept with it on, too. lol. Fun. We'll have to hang out soon so I can see it... irl. :)

katie said...

Nice! Why oh why don't those Anderson boys ever say bad words? Bart just laughs at me when I do!

Johanna Markworth said...

Putting things together are the only few times I have heard Eric say naughty words! Good job Shawn! I love the fan! Hope it gets warm soon so you can use it all the time!!

bladenfamily said...

It is a very beautiful fan. I love sleeping with a fan as well. It seem the sound of it is comforting to me. Maybe one of these days it won't be snowing and you'll really enjoy it.

bart said...

Good job, manly man!!

Liz said...

Wow, all that work and no bad words? Shawn is the man. There's nothing like a new fan to make it 30 degrees outside, or an unfinished roof to make it rain. Hope you enjoy the fan!

Missy W. said...

nice job Shawn! Hey Mind, I have found book for my November pick. I'm telling you now cause i don't want anyone to read it before then. It's called "The weight of Silence" by Heather Gudenkauf. Its in paperback at walmart for $10 I believe.

Shaulan said...

What a good man you have! I love the picture of him cheering! And it's amazing what a huge difference a ceiling fan makes! Enjoy!

Richelle said...

I love those "easy" projects. They are always like that, aren't they?!