I have wanted a chair for my porch for a long time. I would love to sit on the front porch and yell at random kids who happen by. "Get off my lawn, pick up your trash, don't talk like that!" You get the idea. I bought up this brown and yellow velvet treasure for $15. I decided to spray paint it white and recover the cushion with some fantastic Jessica Jones fabric. This was the result. I have to say that I had a proud moment when it was done. Now I can sit on my porch and yell to my heart's content. If you come by I will let you try it out too. The chair and the yelling.


On another note, we are finally getting some gorgeous weather in Cache Valley (Although it is suppose to snow tomorrow). Here is a little of what spring looks like at our house. I planted these daffodils the first year we lived in the house (almost 8 years ago now), and have loved them ever since. Happy spring to all of you.


14 comments:
Wow! That looks really good.
I'm too far to try the chair. So I'm just going to try the yelling.
that is a gorgeous chair. well done!
Mindy, You are so talented. Good Job on that awesome chair. One day I hope to be as awesome as you.... :)
I LOVE IT! That reminds me of my first month in Philly. My roommate and I spent a Saturday afternoon spray painting our furniture on the street during the middle of August. We were sweaty and disgusting and felt totally trashy, but we still got several catcalls--so I guess that was a little reversed since people (READ: men) were yelling at us.
Wow. You are talented. Pretty fabric and pretty pictures.
p.s. I still have one bag of M&Ms left and I am willing to barter.
I love it! I need to live by you so you can create my studio space! Wouldn't we be a pair!
I'd love to come yell from a cute chair like that! Good work! Did you send it in to Better After? I'll keep my eyes peeled for it. It makes you feel a little bit famous to be featured there. Totally fun!
hey mindy, i left my pillow up at the cabin. it is a cream colored pillow. did anyone see it
I love the chair, I love the thought of you yelling at all the kiddos running by!
I love the chair!
Mindy, you are so talented. I love what you did with the chair.
You just go right ahead and yell girl...........
At my house it is "go home your mom doesn't know where you are" or "hey don't ride off on that bike it's Miles'" or "get off the roof" or "climb back in the window"-our neighbors kids climb out their windows all the time! I need a cute chair too and maybe a megaphone. That fabric will look great with all the trees in your front yard! Oh, here's another one "stop jumping on that car."
So freaking cute!!! I love it!
Mindy, you crack me up. I love the before and after... you did a fabulous job. But more than anything, I love that you really wanted a chair on your porch so you could yell at random kids! :) I love you.
And again- great work.
Post a Comment