
My Baby turned two on Thursday. Can you believe it? Soon I will have to teach her that her name is Claire and not Baby. We decided that a little girl with two older sister does not really want in the toy department. So instead of getting her lots of stuff we did something we thought she would enjoy. We went to Baby Animal Day at the American West Heritage Center. We had a great time holding and petting baby cows,

baby lambs

baby piggies-I came away with a poopy sleeve as a souvenir

baby goats- he had no teeth yet so it was fun to let him chew on our fingers
baby bears- super cool! How often do you get to pet a bear?
and Baby.
We even got to wait in line for an hour to go on a 32-second train ride. Sydney timed it for us.
After we came home and gave the birthday girl a much-needed nap and birthday spruce up (clean clothes with no pig poop on them), we had a little party. Claire got some new clothes, new shoes, sidewalk chalk, playdough, a care bear, and the three little pigs in their little houses. After a little prompting, Claire got into opening her "prizes".

I made her a lamby cake. Pretend it looks like a lamb and not a bear with identity issues. Not my finest work, but not bad for having just over and hour to put the whole thing together.

Claire blew out her own candles, much to everyone's delight.

And we all enjoyed our cake and ice cream.

Happy birthday, my sweet girl. We sure do love you!
10 comments:
Happy birthday Claire bear--we wish we lived closer so we could celebrate with you. I am jealous about the baby bear that is way cool. Mom said she insisted on opening each gift entirely by her self! Nothing like being the youngest to encourage some independence. Happy Birthday little girl we love you!
Robyn, Dave, Ian, Miles & Wes
Claire is growing up! Wow! Those baby animals look really fun. Our rule of thumb for Alaska is if you see a baby bear, get the heck outta there. You are lucky to get to see one without a mad mama bear around. What a fun present!
I can't believe how grown up she looks! Visiting the animals sounds like such a fun idea. Glad everyone enjoyed Claire's birthday.
How fun! Mindy the cake was so, so cute! What a fun birthday!
the cake is great, you're really talented!
Holy sunburn, Baby! Owie. But sunburn and all, she sure looks cute! I love that you did a "daycation" for her birthday. (Derek and I are thinking of going to the Dinosaur Park for James'... if we do, you should totally come!) Also, the poo-on-sleeve predicament is both funny and totally gross. I'm sorry you had to go through that. :) Thanks for sharing all of the pictures. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CLAIRE! Being two is TONS of fun! (wink)
What a great birthday! Your pictures look great! It was fun to see you at the farm.
I don't know anyone else who has pet a bear for her 1st birthday. Happy birthday to your baby girl!
Happy Birthday Claire! And I personally LOVE the cake- it looks perfect to me!
I can't believe that you just threw that cake together in an hour... well, maybe I do : ) !!! It is adorable and totally looks like a lamb! Happy Birthday, Claire, you are such a cutie and such a lucky girl to have such a fun birthday!!
Post a Comment