
Syd has been taking Tae Kwon Do since September. When she started out she was what is called a no-belt. Syd had her first belt test on Saturday and she passed! She is now a white-belt. It was pretty cool to watch her testing. She showed all the punches and kicks she knows along with what is called "forms". It is a combination of moves put together. She knows three of these.
There were almost 20 people testing on the same day, ranging from those testing for their white belt, like Syd to two girls testing for their second degree brown belts. It was really fun to watch the different levels. They showed their sparring ability and even got to break boards with their arms and feet. There is something Syd can look forward to!

So Syd is really excited to wear her belt to class now. She looks great! She told me that she couldn't smile for the pictures because that wouldn't be tough, but I got her to smile for one.
We are super proud of Syd and you all better watch out, this is not a girl to be messed with!
9 comments:
Way to go Syd! That is awesome, I wish I knew Tae Kwon Do! Keep it up!
How fun! You can send her over to manage the big kids at the park!
Looks like tons of fun! Way to go Syd!
You go girl!! Dr. Laura would be proud.
Way to go Syd! Mindy it's been awhile since I've read blogs but Claire's adventures crack me up! Every family needs to have one, right?!
That's so cool! Congratulations, Syd!
Do they sometimes have sparring matches against the students at Rex Kwon Do?
That's awesome. I took Martial Arts in college, but I bet Syd could teach me some moves!
Syd looks awesome. You'll have to put a video of some of her moves. Gabe is so jealous. He totally wants to be a martial arts master. He tells people he's good at karate all the time, even though he's never taken a class before!
Shor Injuryushindo! Ha ya!
Post a Comment