Sweet Caroline is popular at sporting events, and is most notably played at every Boston Red Sox home game at Fenway Park during the middle of the eighth inning. While the song is being played, the lyrics are shown on the stadium's video system and fans are encouraged to sing along. The song has become an iconic part of Red Sox lore, even having been featured in the movie Fever Pitch. Sherrie Levy, Neil Diamond's press agent, remarked, "I'm not sure how it happened, but we're very pleased that it happened".
On a different note: Syd got glasses yesterday! Isn't she so cute! She is loving the fact that she can now not only see the board at school, but also the TV! Of course we had to go with pink frames with tiny flowers on the side of them. If she had to be cursed with my bad eyes, at least she can still look great.
6 comments:
Cute glasses Syd! When the weather allows, send her out to see the stars. I was amazed at how many more stars there actually were glittering in the sky once I had my first pair of glasses. (Mine were not nearly as cute, if I put them on I look eerily like Harry Potter...)
Syd, those glasses are awesome! I like them a lot. When we see you in a couple weeks, you need to ask Katie to tell you about when she first got glasses...
Sydney, I LOVE your glasses and I see a lot of people with glasses here at work. Nice choice! Can we compare our glasses when I see you in about a week?? Mine are kind of pinkish too!
Mindy, some time when you have time will you pretty please post your hawaiian haystacks recipe? pretty please?
Sweet Caroline is trying to get Hillary Clinton's Senate seat now. Does that change the song at all?
She is so cute. I always wanted glasses as a child, but never had bad eyes. She is adorable with them.
Post a Comment