Halloween was great fun this year. The girls came up with the ideas for their costumes all on their own.

Syd was a Midnight Fairy. I think she was most excited about getting to wear make-up and put glitter in her hair. Aunt Becca prompted the pose. Very cute. I especially liked the boots.

Brynny was an Angel Kitty. She wore a angel dress and wings, with a black cat tail hooked to the back. She wanted whiskers and a little nose, but no kitty ears. Very cute, actually. I love that this girl has a mind of her own. She was also very excited about glitter in her hair.

Our Claire Bear was a cute piggy, complete with a curly tail. Poor kid. Her sisters' got to be fairies and angels and she got stuck with the pig outfit. Sorry honey, that is what you get if mom gets to pick. :)

We went Trick-or-Treating around the neighborhood and were joined at different points by Grandma Leslie, Grandma Julie, Aunt Becca, James, Aunt Ashley, and Uncle Jon. The weather was so nice and warm, and we had tons of fun. The neighbors were even cooking hot dogs and giving them out along with donuts. How cool is that?

We wore our sweet little Claire out. She was asleep by the time we got home.

After we got home, we were joined by Bonnie and Kurt(dressed as Kurt and Strongbad). We ate dinner (garlic soup and witch's fingers), checked out the loot, gaagaaed over the baby, and put kids to bed. Then we watched Tremors which go a few jumps out of Becca and Bonnie and had me giggling like crazy.

Derek, Becca, and James were the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. So clever. Hasn't James grown so much lately? :) He was actually asleep from excitement overload. Jon did a stand-in for him.

What a fun night! Now I am trying to hide candy from myself, ward off too-much-candy barfing (we have had 2 close calls so far), and get ready for candy-making season. Ummm... does all of that seem a little messed up to anyone else?
We hope you all had a great Halloween!
7 comments:
Your girls look great! I love the black fairy...I wish that I could put glitter and make-up on my kids but that would probably make them have a complex or something! Ha!
Hey, we must have missed the hot dog house, fill us in for next year, we wouldn't want to miss it again! Also, how awesome to celebrate with your family, loved the costume ideas. And a shout out to Strongbad, before the girls came along, we religiously followed all things homestarrunner. Speaking of, I think I better go catch up.
Your girls look darling. I love the pajama costume for the baby. Wasn't it great to actually have a warm Halloween and not have to cover costumes up with thermals and coats?
What a busy night!! Your girls are adorable-love how their costumes turned out!
have had your chocolate, and so no. It is not weird at all.
Yeah, holidays are funny that way. Have some more candy in preparation of having MORE candy! THEN set a New Year's resolution to be healthier. :) Silly, silly us.
GREAT pics! ;) I was wondering when you'd post. And it's a dang good thing we have you guys. Has anyone else noticed that our "we had fun" stories are all AT YOUR HOUSE?? Hm... makes you wonder if there's a pattern forming.
:) We love you.
PS. Thanks for not calling me a baby-killing, shallow, tricked/brainwashed liberal on my blog! (I have lame friends.)
Good post. (Sorry for the novel.)
Post a Comment