Friday, August 29, 2008

A Post of Firsts

We have had quite a few FIRSTS at our house lately. Here are some pics to commemorate them. (BTW-I have been into picture mosaics lately. If they bug, someone is going to have to tell me).
1) Claire's first cereal! Hooray! She seemed to really like it. She didn't even pull any funny faces, just chowed down. Good girl!
2) Syd's first day of 2nd grade. What a big girl
3) Don't walk me to the bus stop mom, I'm just fine. Bye!
4) Brynn's first day of Kindergarten. I can't believe it.
5) Brynn with her buddy, Tyler. They are the only two kindergartners in our neighborhood. They are super friends and I'm glad they have each other. Besides. isn't he cute?!
6) Getting on the bus. Don't you love how it looks like all these moms are going to kindergarten too? Brynny loves the bus.
So there you have it. Lots of first. Kids grow up really fast. My house is really quiet in the afternoons now. Maybe I'll go take a nap. . .

13 comments:

Andrea said...

This back to school business seems like a breeze for you. No crying (you or the kids), and girls that can handle the bus. It tops things I have heard from other moms, I'll have to get some tips when we start the school business.

Bec said...

1) The mosaics are cool, and I'm curious as to how you make them. They only bug when I want to blow up a picture and see details... but really, I think they're sweet.
2) Your girls (all three of 'em) are growing up! Darn them!
3) I understand the feeling old concept. I was looking at our recent family pic sitting next to our wedding pic, and I realized that WE'VE AGED! I was sad to realize that we look older already. So sad.
4) [And this is unrelated to anything, really] You need to check out Stephenie Meyer's website... then read a lot... then giggle and swoon and sigh like I did. ;)

Bec said...

PS- Sorry my comment was as long as your post! Eeek!

Mindy said...

Bec, I do the mosaics on bighugelabs.com. It is fun. I promise it is just a phase, I won't do them forever.
I love long comments!

Jessica said...

My girls wish they could ride the bus but we only live 1.3 miles from the school, not the required 1.5 miles. Oh well, yay for school!

Andrea said...

Mindy, me again, I love your new background. What more can I say? Call me soon, we can go walking.

Hillary said...

Love the new look! Riding the bus is SO fun for the kids...my boys love it!

katie said...

Cool! The school bus! I loved riding the school bus. That, of course, will change someday around the age of 16 when they want to drive, but enjoy it now.

Also, I really like the mosaics too. We aren't that sophisticated in South Philadelphia.

When was that adorable picture of your girls in those purple dresses taken? It's sooooo cute!!

bart said...

If feeling old entitles you to take a nap, then SIGN ME UP!!

I love first day of school pics, and of course yours girls are especially cute!

Amber said...

Mindi

I can't believe that Brynn is in Kindergarten. That is insane. It is amazing how fast they grow. Your kids are adorable. Claire looks just like you. Her eyes are so big. My boss cut my hours down because he is not sure when I am going to have my little man. I only work three days instead of four. We should hang out sometime, or you can just take a nap. ;)

Bec said...

Mindy- I found a cute bow-blog you may like. They sell them, so it's not as cool as a tutorial-type page-- but maybe you could steal the ideas! Or you know- buy them (strange concept, I know). Anyway, it's this:

http://lilcritters.blogspot.com/

Very cute. Let me know what you think.

Robyn said...

Brynnie on the bus!!! We are getting old. Hey-how come you get a quite afternoon and I still have two little ones chasing each other around the house? (Oh, wait I guess you did get married and have kids before me) Maybe you need my two little guys for awhile so I can nap-I am older. :) Can't wait to see you guys this weekend-Lotoja here we come!

Anonymous said...

I want to know how you do your backgrounds. Can I come over???! :> Funny... the mom's do seem to look like they are going to school too! Oh I hated that first day!

See you soon!
Ang