Friday, August 8, 2008

When It Rains It Pours

It rained today! And I don't mean a little sprinkle. I mean it poured for a good half hour which is so unusual here. We have not had a good storm for a couple of months so we all went out on the front porch to watch the rain come down.

It all started very innocent but soon turned into this:


Which then tuned into this:
Which was followed by this:

And then this happened, I'm still not quite sure how:
And then we had this:
And last, but not least, we had a little of this:

And here is some video of some cool tricks in the rain:


All this great fun was followed by hot baths and warm jammies for everyone involved. The neighbors probably thought we were crazy, but I think spontaneity can be a good thing at times!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

You guys make me smile. That looked like tons of fun.

Robyn said...

What great parents you are to right in the middle of everything! Send some rain our way-we just got about two drops and that was it.

Bec said...

That looks like SO much fun! You and Shawn are great parents to let your girls have memories like that. :) Fun, fun, fun...

Hillary said...

Wow, what a rain storm! Looks like you guys enjoyed every minute of it.

katie said...

I love it. My mom and I used to stomp through puddles in the rain and it is still such a fond memory.

Jessica said...

I love it when it rains like that, and your are right, it doesn't rain like that around here! Yay for rain!!

bart said...

Hooray! That looks like tons of fun, and a wonderful memory for all!

Rachel Fawcett said...

That looks like fun, it's nice to see that other kids like to play in the rain as much as mine do.