
Shawn made me the yummiest dinner for my birthday. He found the recipe, went shopping, and even did the clean-up. The chicken he made was really good, and it was really easy to make (I watched). So here is the recipe:
Chicken with Carrots and Cauliflower
Ingredients
Serves 4
- 1 pound (4 cups) carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-to-2-inch chunks
- 1 pound cauliflower, cut into medium-size florets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 whole chicken legs, skin-on (about 12 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. In an 11-by-15-by-2 3/4-inch roasting pan, combine carrots, cauliflower, 1 teaspoon coriander, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; arrange around sides of pan.
- Place chicken legs along center of pan, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon coriander and 1/4 teaspoon cumin; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast, stirring vegetables once, until chicken is well browned and crispy and an instant-read thermometer inserted in a thigh (without touching bone) registers 180 degrees, 40 to 45 minutes. Transfer chicken to a platter, and let rest for 5 minutes.
7 comments:
Very impressive! Looks really good too. I am always on the look out for yummy recipes,especially when I can see a picture first. Thanks.
That does look amazing - good work!
Happy Birthday, Mindy!!
Holy cow, yummy. Also, is that really a picture of your actual meal? If so, awesome preparation. I guess I will have to disbelieve the goodness until you prove it to me (hint, hint)! ;) Mmm... what's for lunch?
I stole the picture off the martha stewart site, but it really did look like that. :)
Shawn, my birthday month is November, so you can start planning. I really like asparagus and bacon and brownies--but not all at once.
I am VERY impressed Shawn! You couldn't ask for a better present! It looks really good, I will have to try it out!
YUMMY... I'm going to try this. If Shawn can do it, I can, right?! :)
Ang
PS - can you get Shawn to drop some kind of hints to my hubby at some of those bishopric meetings. He took me to a buffet for my last birthday - GAG!
Post a Comment