Thursday, July 7, 2011

Syd is 10!!

 Syd recently had a birthday. She is 10! Can you believe it? Here are some higlights fromher birthday:

We had a small family party.
 Syd and I went into town earlier in the day and got her ears pierced. She was so brave! Not one tear was shed. Then she picked out some earrings and I wrapped them up and she did a great job of acting surprised when she opened them that evening.
 She got some super cool sunglasses from Grandpa Dave and Grandma Leslie. She looks totally chill, huh?
 She also got a very cool kite from Grandpa and Grandma. As a side story: Her birthday was on a Wednesday. On Sunday she took the kite outside to try to get it to fly while Shawn and I were taking a Sunday nap. She came in after just a few minutes soaking wet. She had been paying so much attention to the kite that she backed up and fell into the pool in the backyard. Hee, hee. We are excited to try out the kite at Grandpa's house where there is a little more room and no pools.
 Syd has been playing softball on a ponytail league this summer and loving it. Grandpa and Grandma got her a softball.
 I got her some curclers for her hair. Everyone had to try them out. Very pretty.
 We also got her a new bike. She was not expecting this at all and we surprised the crap out of her which was lots of fun. It is her first geared bike. She seems to really like it. Another story: She and Brynn went for a ride the next day. They had been gone for about 10 minutes when Brynn came screeching into the house yelling that Syd had crashed on her new bike and it was broken and she was bleeding. So I went out to find Sydney walking her bike home and crying. She was banged up pretty good, but she was more worried that she had broken her bike for good. I put the chain back on and it was as good as new. She now has some awesome bruises and scraps to show off, and the bike was not hurt.

 I had to try the curlers too. I felt like a witch. Cackle, cackle.
 Syd requested a Kit-Kat cake. Kit-Kats are her favorite candy bar so this cake was perfect for her.
Blowing out the candles.

We had a great birthday with Syd. I can't believe how grown-up and big my baby is getting. She is such a good girl and we are so proud of her. Hope you had a great day, Syd!

5 comments:

bart said...

Syd, when did you get so grown-up? I am very impressed. I love your earrings!

Wendy said...

Amazing that it has been 10 years! I remember when we came to see you when you were just barely, barely pregnant. Time flies!

Happy Birthday!

katie said...

Adorable pictures!

Sydney, I'm impressed you didn't cry when you got your ears pierced. I cried like a baby and moved when they pierced my second ear, so the holes are lopsided. I'm sure your earrings look much better!

Richelle said...

Looks like you had a super fun birthday, Sydney. I like your bike! Savannah got one with gears this summer, but we just tell her she has to leave it in one gear and not mess with it until she gets older. You are actually old enough to figure out how to use them though so it's probably more fun.

Liz said...

Hooray for geared bikes! It's the only way to do a family bike ride. Too bad we are only 2/5 through the bike issue. Cute girls! Happy Birthday!