Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Night-time Antics
So apparently things are happening at my house while I sleep. This morning Claire was asleep on the couch downstairs. Like REALLY asleep. I chatted with Brynn (her roomate) and from what I can piece together this is what happened last night:
Claire got up at 10:30 to take herself potty. We were super-proud. She got up again at 12:30 to go potty again. Proud again, but a little suspisious at this point. She never needs to go more than once at night. Shawn went to bed shortly after this and apprently this is when the party really got underway. Claire got up and sat in the rocking chair in her bedroom and read stories. After a while she started reading out loud to Brynn. This was somwhere around 4:30 AM. Brynn told her to stop and go back to bed. Claire came upstairs and told Shawn and I that there was water in Sydney's window well. This caused immediate action because this really has happened before. Shawn assesed that there was no water anywhere and put Claire back to bed. At some point after this she got up again and found a pen in the family room. She proceeded to color all over her arms and legs and tummy, and she even gave herself a moustache. I think she fell asleep on the couch after this. I am not sure, but that is where Sydney found her this morning at 7:00 when she got up. I woke Claire up at 8:45. It took some good effort on my part and she was not happy to have to get up.
So I guess the conclusion is that if you want to party, wait until the parents go to bed to get things really rolling. I am a little scared that she knows that this early. But don't you like her mustache?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Oh, man. And so it begins...
Stacia saw the pictures and requested I read out loud. I should have pre-read! After we finished I had to quickly explain that her mommy is up all night feeding a baby, and thus she wouldn't be able to duplicate a nighttime party of her own. :) What a cute little party animal you have, mustache and all!
ha ha! This is hilarious! What a funny girl.
That is so funny... Cooper gets up at night to eat. I always leave him a yogurt where he can reach it... Gotta love the little ones!!! And I do love her art work on her face..
So funny! I love how she looks so sheepish and tired--I wonder if there will be a repeat party she looks beat. Tell her she should come party at our house soon. I'll even provide washable markers so she can do some serious face painting.
Wow! I think I would reverse the lock on her door and give her a chamber pot and give her own head lamp with books and maybe a karaoke machine on mute. Okay maybe a little extreme but who knew that all night could be so much fun? I think you should leave some Oreos and whole milk out for her. Or does she have an allergy to milk? I can't remember. I thought staying up all night didn't happen until you are an RA waiting for people to come in while the dorm room above you pours water over the balcony. Who knew it could start so young.
I love it! Good going, Claire -- live life to the fullest.
HILarious!
Post a Comment