Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Claire Bear is 3!!

Claire had a birthday a couple of weeks ago. We had a fun little party for her. She got a new paint book and paints. 

She has been super into mermaids lately. She has a little book with a little girl in it dresses as a mermaid. Whenever we read the book Claire says" Mom, that is me! Where is my tail? I lost my tail." So I decided to maker her her own mermaid tail. It is very sparkly and shiny. And kind of big. We will probably be able to use it for a Halloween costume. Way to kill two birds with one stone.

She got a card from Bart and Katie. After she opened it she read it to me "Dear Claire, happy birthday. I love Bart and Katie. Open lots of presents. From Bart and Katie." Yep, that is exactly what it said.

When I asked Claire what she wanted for her birthday she told me she wanted a candy cake. Got to give a girl what she wants, right? Thanks for the wonderful idea, Becca. The cake was a huge success.

 Singing happy birthday. Claire has carried the candles around in a little bag for a solid week now. She is a little obsessed with birthdays. I guess she wants to be prepared in case her birthday decides to roll around again.

Blowing out the candles.
 Eating candy. No cake for Claire, the candy was good enough.

 
I made Claire a fairy house. Yes, there are lots of pics of it, but I am really quite proud of myself. 

There are three little fairies. One red-head, one blond and one brunette.

Fairies 2 and 3 think that fairy 1 might need a haircut. She can't really see under all that hair.

The fairy sisters live in a toadstool house together and they never, ever fight.

They like to sit around their table and eat mushrooms. (The table is not done yet. It will someday look like a mushroom if I get around to painting it. For now it looks like a soccer ball).

The fairies are very tidy. They store their mushrooms and dishes in a little bag.


 We had a fun day with Claire.  I can't believe how fast this little one is growing up! Happy birthday my little girl. We love you so much!

9 comments:

Bec said...

Holy crap, Mindy!!! The mermaid tail is awesome! The fairies and their toadstool house (not to mention those darling lil mushrooms) are amazing! The cake looked so yummy!!! I absolutely idolize you now (as if I didn't before- ha!)!! Really, what fun!! To Claire: Happy birthday, pretty girl! We're quite glad you're here! xo

Wendy said...

What a great baby! Cross that out I mean big girl! You sure worked hard on her birthday!!! Awesome Mom awesome!

Richelle said...

Glad you had a fun birthday, Claire. That cake is so cute! The fairy house, now that is TOO cute. I'm going to have to fly down just to play with it now.

Andrea said...

What a creative lady you are! adorable stuff for an adorable little girl.

Ann said...

Wow! Great job on the cake, mermaid tale and fairy house! Happy Birthday Claire!

Liz said...

The cake is a hit at our house. We have three birthdays in the next ten days and all of them want the same cake. Does it count if I just make it once and put it in the fridge?

bart said...

Dear Claire, happy birthday. I love Bart and Katie. Open lots of presents. From Bart and Katie.

katie said...

Mindy, oh my goodness! I want a toadstool house--that is adorable! I love it!

Linda Oxborrow said...

Wow~ Amazing! So creative and well done. That is awesome!!