Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Belated Valentine's Post

Here is a belated Valentine's post for you:

Babies for my babies. I made these little Black Apple dolls for the girls. Thank you Becca for the idea and thank you mom for saving my bacon and helping me turn and stuff lots of tiny limbs. The girls liked them even more than I thought they would. We made a blanket for each doll and the dolls also have a school and a house where Sydney doll is in charge of the kitchen. I think they liked that the doll was a mini version of themselves.



Here is a photo of one of the dozen red roses from Shawn. They were gorgeous. Thank you baby! I got Shawn peanut butter cups. After the girls went to bed we ate take-out from the Tandoori Oven until we were fat and happy. A very nice Valentine's Day for all.


This is random but here you go. This is my wedding bouquet. We had it "preserved" when we got married. It has been sitting in the storage room for 12 years now. I have been cleaning the storage room and got it down and unwrapped it. It started to crumble in my hands, so I knew it's number was up. So I took some pictures then sent it on it's way. I know the roses are yellow and the greenery is brown, but I think it is kind of beautiful in it's own way. We got married in December so there are berries and pine in there also. Hopefully I have aged a little better than the bouquet did. Don't tell me if you think I am withered and yellowed.




I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day. I am off to find some more chicken kurma.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Amazing! You and your kindness to your children! They are lucky to have you as a Mom.

Bec said...

Those dolls are DARLING! Love them! Glad to hear that your girls do too. And sad but sweet... the bouquet. (And yes, we love you- yellowed and wilted as you are, hehe.) xo

Shaulan said...

I think the wedding bouquet is beautiful! It looks classic and gorgeous and wonderful. It's just like YOU!

katie said...

I love the dolls and also really like that they are representative of the girls. How special!