Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Self-Serving Post

Today is my birthday. What? You say it is self-serving to do a post about your own birthday? Not at all. I only say it is my birthday so I can show you the cool things my family gave me. So without delay, here is a birthday card for me crafted by Syd:


Yeah, that didn't make me feel old at all. I thought it was hilarious, the little lady in a wheelchair.

And here is my freaking fantastic gift from Shawn. It is a hand-made bookplate stamp. Yes, he MADE this stamp for me. Created the picture in Photoshop, transferred it onto the rubber, then carved the picture out of the rubber. I was pretty blown away by this. And the cat sitting on the books, it is just perfect. I am a little in love right now. With the stamp and with my husband.



That's all, just had to tell you how cool my family is. The self-serving part comes on Friday when I go to get a pedicure.

13 comments:

Johanna Markworth said...

ok...that is so, so awesome! Way to go Shawn! Happy Birthday Mindy! Hope you had a fantastic day! See you later tonight!

bart said...

Shawn, you have take it easy with the presents for your wife. First the camera, and now a hand-made stamp? You're making the rest of us look bad to our wives.

I love the card, Syd!

Mindy -- I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!

bladenfamily said...

Very, very cool stamp. Hope your day was great!

Liz said...

Your kids crack me up. I guess they mean well.

Andrea said...

and all I have to offer is a Happy Birthday! Lovin' the thoughtful husband gift, and wondering what I'll do when my kids think I am old enough to be in a wheelchair.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Thats a good husband you got there, Mindy! The stamp is lovely and the card from Syd is so funny. Hope it was a great day!

Ann said...

WOW! After last night, I had to come check these out, the card is SO cute, defiantly a keeper, and the stamp?? VERY COOL! I'm glad you had a Happy Birthday, enjoy your pedi!

Missy W. said...

Mindy, we had a good laugh over that card. Make sure to keep it and use it as a weapon when she is older...so funny!

Missy W. said...

Mindy, we had a good laugh over that card. Make sure to keep it and use it as a weapon when she is older...so funny!

Missy W. said...

oh and I can't believe your husband made that. you are so lucky!

bart said...

And they only do it because you are such a wonderful wife and mother. Hope you had a great day!

Danelle Empey said...

Sydney is so cute. Tell her I don't want any birthday cards from her on my birthday! Shawn is so sweet. Sounds like you had a good day.

Sure miss you.

Richelle said...

That is such a funny card! I love it !