Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas Update

Do you ever get so overwhelmed with all the pictures that you don't want to ever blog again? That is how I'm feeling. Shawn got me a new camera (Canon Rebel T1i) and I took over 200 pictures over Christmas. So I tried to pick some of my favorite photos and post just those. There are a lot. Don't feel obligated to read and look at everything. This is really for my own documentation. I would suggest scrolling down to the bottom and reading in reverse order. The pictures are in reverse chronological order. Also, the captions look like they are for the photo below the words, but they are really for the photo above. Sorry, I am done. I am just trying to make this less painful for you. Good luck. I should give prizes for anyone who gets through this whole post.



We hope you all had a great Christmas break. We sure did! Love to all of you.Shawn taught the girls to play checkers. They love it!


We all looked like wet doggies by the time we went inside. Brynny making snow angels.

We kept throwing Claire in the snow. I couldn't tell if she actually liked it or not but she kept asking us to do it again, so I guess she did.
New Year's Day we all went outside in the fresh snow for an epic snowball battle.
Mom and Dad came over on New Year's Eve for pizza and cake. They went home at 8 o'clock. We are big-time partiers.

We were so happy to spend time with Grandma Julie. The girls even got to have a sleepover. Thank you Grandma!
Kitty cat.
My shoes because they are cute.
Hoarfrost on our swing set.I am loving the B&W.
Yay for telephoto lenses!
Betsy. We don't drive her much anymore but she makes a great model for photos.
We celebrated out 11th anniversary on Dec. 29. What does a bird have to do with that? Shawn got me a telephoto lenses for our anniversary. I went a little crazy.
We love Ian and Miles!
Snacks at Grandma Leslie's. I think drinks taste better in fancy glasses.
Hooray for coloring!
Bonnie and Kurt and their very cool gingerbread house.
Bart and Katie. We had so,so, so much fun with the two. I have a new favorite word now: Delicious.
Bec and Claire. So cute. Can't wait for my niece to get here!
Jon's self portrait. Very nice.
Kurt and Claire.
The dinner spread at Grandma Julie's house. Isn't it a beautiful thing? We literally ate for hours.
Claire helping Grandma Leslie open her presents.
Daddy opening his cheese-making kit. If you come visit use in 6-8 months we will feed you cheese. It has to age.
Bobbi with her new toy. It has catnip in it. She went crazy. Very funny.
Christmas morning. I love Syd's expression. It captures how excited we all were.
New jammies from Santa.
Santa's little helpers. I laughed so hard I peed a little.

9 comments:

bart said...

I went through them all. (Now what about that prize you mentioned....) Thanks for sharing them with us. And good work with the new camera. Seriously, there are some very artistic shots in there. Well done! I love the detail in the swingset frost picture.

katie said...

Yeah, where's my prize?

Also, I look pregnant in that photo... I'm starting to reconsider that shirt.

Also, COOL PHOTOS! I love the B&W of Claire-bear and the one of the monster truck.

Also, Mindy you are DELICIOUSLY talented! Stop being so amazing!

hehehe. delicious.

Johanna Markworth said...

I love your new camera! Those are awesome pics. Looks like you all had a fantastic holiday! Hope to see you soon. I miss you!

Shaulan said...

I personally LOVE all of the pictures! And I got through the whole post just fine. My favorites are the black and white- they are making me miss my photography class days! Great post! It's probably time that I update my own blog from Christmas!

Missy W. said...

love the pics. Our cat also got a toy he went crazy over!

bladenfamily said...

What have I been thinking? I am going to need tips from you!! You're already great at this photog business. I am impressed...

Hillary said...

I loved all the pictures, you took great pictures for just having got the camera...I am still trying to figure mine out and I have had it for 2 years!

Richelle said...

Wow! That camera is one cool present. I would love to be able to take pictures of birds like those ones you got. I try to sneak up on them and take the best pictures I can, but birds generally don't go for that. Your new telephoto lens got some great bird shots! I have these Stellar Jays and Bohemian Waxwings in my neighborhood that are so pretty and I never get any pictures of them. I got a halfway decent shot of a chickadee a couple weekends ago when my family was out on our snowshoes. You're going to have a lot of fun with that camera!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think most of my comments to you on here are about how much i hate you... jk... how jealous I am that everything you try you are AMAZING at!! These pictures are so good! Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas- I at least know you ate well- the food looked delicious!