Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Some Moments With Claire

Claire is 18 months. Having a toddler around the house is interesting to say the least. Maybe I have just forgotten, but Claire seems to have more, ummm, ideas (read: attitude) about the way things should be than the other two did at this age. Syd was and still is so happy-go-lucky and Brynn was so mellow at 18 months considering she was still sitting around with her bucket of toys, not crawling or even rolling over. So with Claire we end up with quite a few funny moments at our house. Here are some that I caught in photos.



Claire loves her blankie. It kind of goes everywhere with her. Shawn took her for a ride in her wagon yesterday. He said they were just walking along when Claire started sobbing like her heart was broken. Shawn stopped and looked back. Blankie had fallen out of the wagon and was about 10 feet back laying forlornly on the sidewalk. Claire was reaching and crying. Very sad. Good thing dad came to the rescue and Blankie made it home.


I took Claire to the doctor for her 18 month check-up yesterday. She got four shots. She cried super-hard until the nurse pulled out a sucker, the the tears stopped instantly. I was trying to get a picture of her little legs with the band-aids on them. I thought the pic above was cute but didn't show the band-aids very well. So I was trying to get a better picture. . .and things quickly deteriorated into this:Claire won that round.



Claire has a bit of a preoccupation with shoes. She loves to put on her "saw" and "sues" and "go, go". She also likes everybody else's shoes. She got one of these boots of Syd's on by herself. I helped her with the other one. What can I say. She definitely is ready to "Go, go".

We love our little girl!

6 comments:

bart said...

I thought of a comment to make when I saw the boots picture, and then I reprimanded myself and felt bad for thinking of posting that comment -- and then I saw that my thought was already there, as the label of the post.

Shaulan said...

Those Nursery kids sure keep us on our toes! But just when we've had enough "attitude" then you get some great pictures (like those AWESOME boots)-- and we just can't help but laugh! Happy days!

Bec said...

Claire is such a cutie! We're so glad you decided to let her come after all. :) What would life be like without her, really? I love the thumb-sucking, pants-less, bandaid-ed picture the best. She's darling.

Bec said...

PS. The heart-broken crying for Blankie is incredibly endearing. Really, so cute.

katie said...

He he he. Those boots are hilarious. Just don't buy her uggs. Those are hideous. (no offense if you own some)

Amber said...

I love it. She is so adorable. I love the boots. That is one of my favorite pictures ever of her.