Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Syd's Baptism Day


Sydney was baptized and confirmed on Saturday. It really was a perfect day. Almost every member of our extended family was here. Grandpa Dave, Uncle Jake, and Uncle Bart gave talks at the baptism. They were all very good. There was even a story about Syd and a dead gopher in there.
Syd was baptized and confirmed by her Daddy. I really think baptisms are one of the neatest things to be a part of. Maybe it is because it is the first ordinance we take part in, maybe it's because it's so simple, or maybe it's because the kids are so pure, but it's always very cool.
It was great to spend lots of time with family and a huge thank you goes out to all those who traveled (some very long distances) to be with Syd on her special day. I find my little girl quite amazing.

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Congrats to Syd! How wonderful.

Bec said...

What beautiful pictures. And it absolutely WAS a beautiful, perfect day. The flood gates were open over here, and she's not even my baby! :) The luncheon was fab as well (especially the chips, according to my messy son).

We sure love you guys. And we're so proud of you, Syd.

Shaulan said...

Congrats! But how exactly is it that you have a child old enough to be baptized??? I guess that's just 2 short years away for me! Ahhh!

katie said...

Fun, fun, fun!

We miss you guys already!

bart said...

I'm so glad we were able to come! It was wonderful. She's so grown up!

Jessica said...

Hey it was fun to see you at the reunion! What scrapbooking program do you use? I love it! I think I am ready to try digital scrapbooking.

Anonymous said...

She is quite amazing!! Congratulations, Sydney! What a proud moment for you, Mindy- to see your baby being baptized- beautiful.

Anonymous said...

She is quite amazing!! Congratulations, Sydney! What a proud moment for you, Mindy- to see your baby being baptized- beautiful.

Anonymous said...

sorry for publishing that twice. I don't know how to erase it...