
So I had a serious sleep-in this morning. I am talking 10:45-serious. I got up and could smell something really yummy going on in the kitchen. Here is what Shawn made for our Brunch today:
Biscuit Peach Cobbler
3 lbs. ripe peaches
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 c. sugar
Biscuit Dough:
1 1/3 c. flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. cold butter, cut into small pieces
2/3 c. buttermilk
2 tsp. sugar mixed with 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Have ready a 2-inch deep 2-quart baking dish.
Slice peaches into wedges directly into dish. Toss with lemon juice and sugar. Cover with foil. Bake 15 minutes until peaches are hat and juices bubbly. Make dough while peaches cook. Mix flour, sugar, powder, and soda in a large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pour buttermilk over top. Toss with fork until mixture clumps together. Drop heaping tablespoons on peaches. Sprinkle sugar-nutmeg mixture on top. Bake 30 minutes until biscuits are golden brown. Let stand to cool.
10 comments:
Mmmm...cobbler for brunch...
Thanks for posting this recipe, it looks yummy. Also, hooray for Shawn. I'd be delighted for a chance to sleep in, and food in the oven? I'd think I was still dreaming!
The best part of waking up is cobbler in your ov'n! (Had to shorten "oven" so that it would fit the tune...) :) Yummy! Great recipe. I'll have to show this post to Derek, go on and on about how great a husband Shawn must be, and see if I get a little cobbler in the morning! Subli-notreally-minal messages, right? ;)
I know what were having for breakfast tomorrow! I will be making it though, I've never seen Stephen use a recipe before. :) He does well on the BBQ grill, so I guess I can't complain. Kudos Shawn!
Yum! Way to go Shawn! And the best part....fresh peaches!
Mindi
Isn't it great to be married to an Anderson. They make the best husbands I think. :) We need to do something? I am not working as much. I sleep a lot more, but that's because I can. The recipe looks awesome. I bet it tasted great.
Wow. Sounds delicious. Good work, Shawn!
Just leave it to Becca to turn it into something dirty. A little cobbler in the morning? I'm offended.
YUMMY! I am way impressed. Maybe you should make a habit out of sleeping in and see what else he comes up with!
Ang
Mmmmmm.... dessert for breakfast. How come we didn't have that while we were in Utah? Shawn, I expect a recreation in San Diego.
Post a Comment