Monday, September 29, 2008

Goings-on at our house

Things have been fairly quiet around here for the last several days. This is not a bad thing. So just for fun, here is a post about the goings-on within our house full of little women. Syd is loving 2nd grade. She just graduated out of her readers at school. This means she gets to read regular chapter books for her reading homework now. Yesterday she brought me a book she wanted to read: "Dragon Rider" by Cornelia Funke. This book on a 6th grade reading level and has 523 pages. She actually had gotten several pages into the book before she asked for help. That is my girl!

Brynn is doing an awesome job in Kindergarten. She learned how to read her first word last week: "Hot". She is going to be reading before we know it. Brynny is such a charismatic little girl. She knows how to wrap people around her fingers. After church yesterday she said to me "Mommy, I want to go see the Bishop. " So we trucked down to the Bishop's office so she could say hello and get a treat. They are special buddies. She told him all about school.

Our Claire Bear will turn 6 months next week. She is starting to get such a fun little personality. Her new favorite thing is her exercise saucer. She also learned her name! "Baby" Actually she will look at you if you call her Baby or Claire. So we must call her Claire sometimes.

Shawn and I are keeping busy chasing the girls around. Shawn has had lots of work meeting lately. Work meetings= games of golf. I have a new obsession with cooking blogs lately. I have found some really good stuff lately. Carne Asada Tacos anyone? BTW- yes the picture is an old one. From the days when we were young and beautiful. Honestly we don't have many pictures of us together. Are you guys like that? Thousands of pics of your kids, four of yourself.

11 comments:

Andrea said...

As far as photos go, we certainly have a deficit in the pics of the parents department. The only thing that's saved us is family photos from all the weddings we seem to be having.

It looks like you are raising some good little readers and smart cookies to boot! If Sydney runs out of books, you girls come right on over. I have been buying chapter books with no one to read them to. Stacia will let me read a chapter or two, but she's bouncing all over the place while I read. I'd love to share my collection.

Robyn said...

Hey Sexy Mama--that picture of you is awesome! You should always wear yellow it looks great on you! What smart, cute little girls you have. I might need to borrow them for a girl's night sometime. All the men/boys in this house just don't get little emotional me! :)

Bec said...

Amen to the dicture dilemma. And I LOVE your hair in that picture... you should do it that way again. Slightly flipped at the ends, nice. I also am super proud of Sydney's reading! We miss you and your girls (and Shawn, too, if truth be told). We'll be in [YOUR] town tomorrow... dentist appointments at 10:20. Maybe we'll stop by and say, "hello!" And lastly, I love your new layout. Hooray for Halloween!

katie said...

Yeah, Bart and I know exactly what you mean--tons of pictures of our kids and none of us... Wait, no we don't have any kids. But hey, I'll make you a deal, if our kids are as cute as your kids, we will totally stop taking pictures of ourselves and making goofy videos which only Becca has commented on by the way.

Amber said...

You're kids are growing so fast. We need to come and see them before we have our baby and we become hermits who never leave the house. I think you should let us babysit before I have a baby. Just a thought. What are you guys doing for conference? Anything fun? I get to work. Wahoo. Isn't it sad when not even the Distribution Center is closed for Conference? There is something messed up about that.

Natalie Que said...

Hi! Thanks for your nice comments and for making yourself known -don't be shy!

As for tips, I find that lighting is the ESSENTIAL key. I am self taught, and I also found that taking a millions shots of the same thing and dissecting what worked and what didn't really helped. I've found sometimes even when the lighting is good, my shots still overexpose {when they look to bright, they like you took them at night with a flash} and so I point the angle more toward the light {the sun, usually} and the lens captures enough light to make the shot look good.

If they turn out good but need to be lightened, I adjust that after so that they aren't too dark. If lightening them takes always some of the color or warmth, I add that back in too.

I would love to help any other way, feel free to email me so I don't have to leave it on your blog! My address is on my blog if you need it.

Thanks again, hoope that helps!

bart said...

That'a girl, Syd! After my own heart! My mom found my hidden books and snacks all over the house. I love reading!

bart said...

Hot! Hot! Hot!
(That's for Brynn.)

bart said...

Exercise saucer. I should get me one of those, maybe it would help me trim down a little.

bart said...

We do take tons of pictures of us, and since we're the only members of our family, it's kind of like taking tons of pictures of our kids, right?

Mindy Marchant said...

Cute pics of the kids. I wish my kids knew who their bishop even was....weird ward. Sounds like they are as smart as their mom! Olivia's first word...Butt. Nice huh! So we have hot butt. Cute girls. What are you making in the background?? You are truly a talented, amazing,super mom. We miss you guys.